Sunday, January 08, 2006

I'm sorry for the things I've done

I wasn't very productive this weekend. But, who really cares. Seems most of my friends are "under the weather". Been there, taken the steroid pack for it. So glad I am feeling better.

Friday night, the Mayor and I dined at Pie Bar. Another excellent meal was consumer amongst the Crescent Avenue crowd, that I must say is hot and very metrosexual. We then joined queens from the metropolitan area for "Brokeback Mountain" over at Atlantic Station. It was a very good movie, well directed and produced. And I predict that it will win a couple of awards. Kind of along the lines of "Boys don't cry", where you are left to think........ Not the best movie I have ever seen but I did enjoy it.

Saturday I caught up with Robert and we had a beer and bite at McCray's 6th street tavern. I did catch a brief glimpse of Puss N' Boots while en route. Where has he been???

McCray's: Such a hidden gem built right into the side of Backstreet. I wonder what will become of this establishment once the Novare Towers are erected?? I hope that they will move into the new space. Because I am officially over Stool Pigeons.....

Saturday night featured dinner with the Mayor and a party complete with lesbians and a DJ. It was fun....I mean, I had the opportunity to chat up one of my new crushes....who is 39 years old and just about the cutest thing around. And very nice.......

We left as the DJ fell into HD mode (that stands for Heavy Diva for you novices...) and then it was off to Blake's for a night cap that ended with a trip to BJ's for a cocktail then a great nights sleep into the next day courtesy of Lily Lunesta, the woman of the night.



All the static I have received from everyone about their lack of new music. Well, enjoy. Only available for the next few days.....

January Test Mix 2006


1.Kaskade - Steppin' Out (Jasks Thaisoul vocal mix) An old one but a good track. Love the vocal on this one.
2.Floetry - Supa Star (Kaskade Vocal mix) a new kaskade remix of this hip hop group = fun. love their previous work including "Say Yes".
3.Heather Hedley - In my Mind (Freemason Vocal club mix) They are back with a host of new mixes staying true to the "Disco Tinged-House Vibe) They are on a role!
4.Angie Stone - I wasn't Kidding (Freemasons mix). Enough said....
5.Artificial Funk - Never alone (seamus haji and Paul emanuel remix) The owner of Big Love Records is back for a dancfloor anthem. Hot.
6.Mary J Blige - Be Without you (Moto Blanco Vocal Mix) Loving her new Track, and Bobby Blanco just finishes it off with a disco' house edge. classy.
7.Deep Dish featuring Stevie Nicks - Dreams (extended mix) Such a tune right now. Word out there is that Deep Dish had Stevie sing the vocal to this old track exclusively for them. Supposedly, it is in fact NOT taken from an old live recording. Sounds pretty good for a 60 year old lady.... Love it!!
8.New Order - Waiting for the sirens' call (planet funk remix) The group returns with a minalistic banger.
9.Depeche Mode - A pain that I'm used to (jacques lu cont remix) Stuart Price, the producer of Madonna's new album, returns with a great remix. BTW, he also goes by The Thin White Duke, les rhythmes digitales, and paper faces among others. What talen this young man has.
10.summer of space - with you (kaskade does rock remix) Kaskade returns with a slightly progressive-tinged vocal mix. Sounds like Sarah McLachlan to me.... the vocalists name is Haley Gibby by the way.
11.DJ Sammy - Why (planet funk remix) I know, it isn't Annie Lennox, but the vocalist here is pretty close to the original.

Enjoy!

No comments: