Monday, April 17, 2006

Here kitty kitty kitty.......

What a beautiful weekend it was down here in Atlanta. Now if it would only stay like this for a couple of months...

After a thorough condo cleaning Friday afternoon, I dined on sesame ginger baked salmon filet, spinach salad, and green peas. (you know, the ones in the silver can? guilty pleasure of mine that has extended into adulthood) and for someone who doesn't cook very often, I impressed myself. Kelli and anthony stopped by and we headed over to Mid City for a couple of drinks. the evening ended early as it should have only i vaguely remember placing a couple of unanswered phone calls just before going to sleep. must.put.down.phone.

Saturday morning I dropped by Piedmont Hospital to check on a friend who recently underwent urgent quintuple bypass surgery at the young age of 45. Just goes to show you really never know. and what a big part genetics play in heart disease.

Then it was off to lunch with my parents, where as usual, they ordered the exact same thing. every single time. Such creatures of habit we all become as we get older....i guess. but it was nice to catch up with them, and it made me realize how lucky I am to have family close by.

JohnBrown's impromptu dinner on Saturday night was a real treat. The tenderloin was tender and juicy, but the fried okra was nearly perfect. That has to be one of my favorite vegetables and I have yet to find anyone who can come close to my mom's. I will order it on occasion at the Piedmont Cafeteria only to be left with a fried batter ball and a small piece of frozen okra in the middle. Note to JohnBrown: mom says if you let the oil heat a little longer before putting the okra in you will end up with a crispier end product. After dinner, the 6 of us sat on the porch sipping wine and telling stories of college experiences, past vacations, and of course old Backstreet Days.

Sunday Easter brunch at Joel and Brad's was divine. Do you see a food theme here? Lasagna, fresh fruit, cheese, and mimosas. we sat on the deck and enjoyed the beautiful spring air. Then it was off to the leather tea dance at King Plow. It always makes me chuckle to see the hairy, leather daddys dressed in a harness and a nelly decorated easter hat. somehow that just doesn't equate. The DJ that we appropriately named T-Dance Pat, was busy in her white lattice-encased DJ booth throwing down some gospel house tunes with a lot of "hallelujahs" and "praise". But frankly I couldn't really dance to this type music. You end up just moving side to side, so I spent most of the party on the rooftop deck enjoying the sun and lack of humidity.

The evening ended with a dip in Joel and Brad's pool and a beautiful sunset. It was surreal. Other than the leaves rustling in the trees, it was a silent evening, reminding me so much of P-Town. Speaking of Ptown.......

No comments: