Monday, June 19, 2006

...spinning the rhythms in 331/3 servings preaching the sound of our new gospel..

It was a rather low key weekend for me. I did get to see my parents twice this weekend. First, Robert and I met them Saturday afternoon for lunch, and just like clockwork, they ordered the same thing...again. i don't know why I find that so amusing, I guess all of us become creatures of routine as we get older, but come on....live a little. and getting older is a definite. my dad turns 67 this year and is really beginning to age. I noticed at lunch he as all these bruises on his arms where he just bumped into something. It really made me feel sad as I know he is in good health, but you can't expect him to live forever.

so being Father's Day on sunday, I drove out to east cobb (said in a snooty voice) to visit with my parents and have a perfect southern meal. Mom caught me up on all the gossip and drama with the neighbors living around them. The "supper" consisted of barbecue ribs, corn on the cob, and baked beans. And my dad's favorite: Key Lime Pie. It was a nice visit, only I wished my sister and her family were there.

So no going out for me as a busy week lies ahead. as john brown has said, I suppose it is just the calm before the storm, with Pride coming next weekend. Though I am a little disappointed that I won't be spinning at the Woodruff Arts Saturday night, I am excited about spinning over at John Flippen's condo friday evening. It seems necessary to play some crowd favorites, you know, so everyone can sing aloud and be Proud. It's funny to think about how I spent Pride weekend through the years, and how I now find it only necessary to be among friends to have fun, rather than attending the circuit events and t-dances. Not to say that I may never end up at one this year, it just isn't a priority anymore. Erik and Johnbrown's "bloodys and bagels" party will surely be a blast.

No comments: