Monday, February 28, 2005

I need to feel loved...

Well, it's Monday, and I awoke very tired this morning. And knowing that I had to be at work early for a 7am meeting wasn't helping things. That and the fact that I was completely out of half & half. I settled for organic 2% milk but it just wasn't the same. Let's rewind a bit, shall we?

Friday night was filled with wine, laughter, and music. Anthony and Kelli came over for what I would call an "extended mix session". You see, Anthony has found a likin' to house music, and much like myself, he finds much joy in spinning tunes on my dj equipment. So, they arrived with music and drink in hand, and a good time was had by all. There was a special guest appearance by Chris Heard who managed to work out a few dance moves in my condo. We talked, we drank, we met folks, we mixed, we talked, we drank, we met folks....you get the picture. Well, 8 hours later Anthony and I engaged in a little MCC on my balcony (get your mind out of the gutter, out I say), as we discussed topics ranging from our judicial system to the progress of the new condo going up behind my building.

I was sans Diane Saturday morning as I came to around noon. It was such a beautiful day, and I was out to enjoy it. Robert and I walked down to Willy's for a burrito only to spot Baton Bob walking down 10th street in a spiffy black number. After lunch, and a sighting of Hotty McHot with that incredible body (we will call him JT, and not me, of course) we met up with Brent and went for a nice long walk through the park. That was followed by vanilla soft serve ice cream and bananas flambe chez Robert. That boy can cook. Next, it was home to freshen up and head over to Todd and Brad's for dinner. The crab cakes were divine, and the wine was well, real real good. Guest appearances by Brad and Wendell.

We stopped by Walt and Philip's house for more drinks only to head downtown to the Mark for Brett Long. I have a not so secret crush on Brett. Maybe it is because he is a DJ, maybe because he has a shaved head and a nice smile, maybe it is because when I go over to his house he offers tall boy Pabst blue ribbon beer to drink. I don't know why, but I do. The music was simply amazing saturday night. The highlight came around 6 am when he played the new track by Reflekt called "need to be loved". It is a beautiful song, and I looked at Todd and just nodded. It would be what I call "progressive melodic" music.

Sunday was recovery. I was thankful that it was cold and wet outside, as I never left my condo. I settled for spaghetti and jumped in bed early. It was a great weekend.

Tomorrow brings the much anticipated release of Harry Peat - Affrodizziac. I have been waiting for this release for quite some time.

No comments: