Tuesday, August 23, 2005

Feelin' Blue

Though it didn't come as a surprise, it seems that another member of our group heading to P-Town has withdrawn. And it was for good reason, though he has known about this project for quite some time. I am only sorry that he will be unable to join in the fun.

With my first Shout event in almost two months, I have been busy compiling new music. I was beginning to think that the attendance had dropped simply because my sets have become too...predictable. Even though the record labels seem to slow down during the summer months and release less material, I seem to have found a nice arsenal of new tunes to share with my audience. Oh, and did I mention that this week's featured charity is Action Cycling Atlanta? They have raised thousands of dollars for the AIDS vaccine, so the cause is very important to me and my community.

There are a few tracks I have come across recently that may fall in the category of "butter". to be honest, I am not sure if this term has ever been properly defined. I have overhead Chris and the assistant loosely using this word in casual conversation, but what does it all mean? Can a track that has vocals be considered butter? Is itPure melodic bliss? Driving and building basslines? I encourage the Assistant to shed some light on this subject.....

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wish I could go again, but, alas, I cannot. Have fun, and I want all the details on your blog...

DJ JT said...

Yes, Mrs. Steve, that should be my theme song for P-Town this year...

Matt said...

those are words you'll never hear me say!

Anonymous said...

Butter: A suductively deep and creamy rolling house vibe that transports your energy and mind to a place of total bliss. You know it when you hear it - your nipples will go hard.

Anonymous said...

Butter: A seductively deep and creamy rolling house vibe that transports your energy and mind to a place of total bliss. You know it when you hear it - your nipples will go hard.