Monday, August 22, 2005

Let the countdown begin...

...to P'Town that is. Honestly, I have become a little antsy. I have trouble concentrating at work, I find that my patients and their families are getting on my nerves, and it just seems that I want to work less and less. All signs point to someone in need of a vacation...but there are still so many things to be done before leaving.

Such as shopping. Bret and I braved the big mall Saturday morning in search of a few necessary P-Town items: jeans, shoes, and sunglasses. You see, unlike the sultry 75 degree weather here in Atlanta, you can actually go out in jeans in P-Town, and even carry a long sleeve shirt to put on later as it may drop into the 50's at some point in the evening. Unfortunately, we completely failed in our mission. Bret couldn't find the right pair of glasses and they didn't have a single pair of Diesel jeans in my size. So, we moved on.....

Saturday night we put on our dancin' shoes to shake it to the beats of Peter Rauhofer. I was excited to hear him spin as he was making his debut appearance in the ATL, and as a DJ and music lover, I wanted to show some support. The party was real real fun. I danced the entire night, only stopping to buy an occasional "water" at the bar. What is up with that? The last event I attended at the Abbey was on a Sunday night with a full bar. Note to R.C. and Will: queens will drink liquor whether they are doing drugs or not, so pour 'em big and strong, you know, how I like my men and all..

Saturday night's festivities left me in the A/C yesterday, as I was sure that I would be overcome with waves of nausea if I ventured out. And my hip flexors were aching, from dancin' and stuff. I did manage to have a bite with Todd and Brad, and drop by the Mayor's for the final episode of Six Feet Under, only to fall asleep on the couch 15 minutes into the show. What great company I must be.

This week, I put the final touches on my P'Town 2005 CDs and gear up for the next Out & About @ Shout event on Sunday. Maybe I will spend some time with the Assistant. After all, we do have some work to do....

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I almost got a shameless plug in...good job !

DJ JT said...

Thanks...I try.

Matt said...

a plug in where? sounds hot.