Monday, August 01, 2005

I've got a cute face, chubby waist.....


What exactly is a Chota? Posted by Picasa

This weekend brought a wedding for a good friend from college, someone who I just realized that I have known for ten years, and managed to keep in touch with regularly. We met when we were both freshman at UGA, and she soon became good friends with many of the guys in my fraternity, and eventually became a little sister of ATO. Knowing that I would see many of my fraternity brothers this weekend, I was hesitant to bring a date. They all know that I am gay, but I am not sure how they would react if I brought a guy with me to the wedding. So, I decided that Beck"yeah" would be the best choice, and since she was already on the guest list, we made perfect dates. And, we were by far the best dressed couple there.....surprise.

After a 3 hour drive to Clayton, Georgia, we checked into the Kingwood Golf Club and Resort. What a beautiful area: nestled in the mountains in North Georgia, only minutes from the North Carolina border, just over an hour from Asheville, and not too far from Highlands. The resort really reminded me of Dirty Dancing, and I couldn't help but recite the line in my head as I pulled in to park "nobody puts baby in a corner".

Becky and I drove over to Chota Falls, the site of both the friday night party and the wedding to follow on Saturday. The party Friday night was nice, though not what I was expecting. The invitation said "join us for cocktails and desert". Instead, we were greeted with kegs of beer in trash cans and homemade cookies. We laughed in the car ride over about the definition of a "Chota" as I thought it was describing a body part such as the "taint". It was nice to see many of my friends from college, and hear about what I going on in their lives. And it never ceases to amaze me how different my life is from theirs.

Becky and I decided to go explore the wonderful city of Clayton during the day on Saturday. We traveled over to Rabun Gap, a college preparatory school, that is really beautiful. We stopped by The Dillard House, and watched the little kids at the petting zoo. Then we met up with some of our college friends for lunch in downtown Clayton. Very exciting stuff here. After a nap, we headed back over to Chota Falls for the wedding. The weather could not have been better for an outdoor wedding: cloudy and only about 70 degrees. The reception was fun, and I had the opportunity to catch up with some of my fraternity brothers, and there were probably 15 of them in attendance. This is where things got interesting. The shuttle arrived around 11pm to take everyone back to the resort where we were staying. One of my fraternity brothers was staying at a nearby hotel, but decided to ride the shuttle over to our place. I change clothes and met up with everyone a few rooms down for some late night drinking. Shortly after 2am, I retired solo back to our room. 15 minutes later, Becky arrives and we get ready for bed. Next thing you know, there is a knock on the door and a certain someone is looking for a place to stay. Becky offers up here bed and says she will sleep with me. Well folks, this GUY claims he would rather sleep in the bed with me. Now I have had suspicions in the past that this guy could be gay, even back in college when he lived across from me in the fraternity house. But I also knew that he was the type of guy that would never come out of the closet: you know, him being southern boy from Toccoa, Georgia makes it difficult.

Here I am in bed with nothing more than a pair of grippers, and he jumps right in bed with me, only to remark that he could tell that I have been working out?! Stranger things have happened....

No comments: