Tuesday, October 31, 2006

Touch me in the morning, and last thing at night


One of my favorite dance tracks has to be Rui Da Silva - Touch me. Originally released back in 2001, it has been featured on numerous mix compilations and has been regarded as one of the best dance songs in history, a classic. I mean it sold over 300,000 copies. Even Danny Tenaglia incorporates this song in almost every one of his sets. I can remember the first time I heard this track, the haunting vocals courtesy of Cass Fox. It gave me chills and almost brought me to tears.

There have been a few people to take a stab at remixing such a perfect track. And none have come close. Well, yesterday, the woman known as Cass Fox , who originally wrote and recorded the track with Rui Da Silva released new remixes to an already perfect song. This time the remixes come from X-press 2, Tom Neville and Spencer and Hill. And little did I know what kind of response I would receive after posting on VIP Guest List, a message board I frequent. The point I was trying to make is that even a track that one would consider flawless in its original form will eventually be remixed. and nothing may ever come close to the original, but I tell you, the spencer and hill remix would sound pretty damn good in a big room. Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

this is a gooood song... does anyone know that song... "hey, hey, feelin' good in every way" ??

Anonymous said...

don't you mean "smoke weed everyday"?
:D

Anonymous said...

Top song. I played this at party about 4 years and had for some reason completely forgotten about it...Until recently

Anonymous said...

todd terry i think you'll find mate

Anonymous said...

hey hey feeling good in every way is sung by todd terry somethings going on in your soul quality tune especially in the summer and weekends ravin it ip