Wednesday, March 09, 2005

Let the sunshine in

When my cell phone alarm sounded at 4:45 this morning, I wanted nothing more than to hit snooze and drift back to sleep. Instead, I got up and headed to the gym, with new tunes on my mp3 player (or m3p player as Baton Bob calls it). I didn't realize that we were right at the freezing point until I got outside, but the brisk air was refreshing. You see, I really enjoy cold weather, and I know that we only have a few weeks before it gets warm in Atlanta (though I heard someone at work today tell me the current prediction (and I mean prediction) was for snow!).

When I arrived back home, I was greeted by one of the most beautiful sunrises. You see, I am usually well on my way to work before the sun clears the horizon, but today I didn't have to go in until after 9am, so I was able to enjoy this moment. I quickly grabbed my new digital camera in an effort to capture this on film. As I stood on my balcony with a cup of joe in hand, I realized what a beautiful view I have. The sun was just coming up and the outline of Stone Mountain in contrast with the various hues of purple, pink, orange and red was simply stunning. And it was really amazing to see how quickly this palette of colors was changing. It really put a smile on my face. And so my day really began.

No comments: