Monday, March 21, 2005

It started out with a kiss, how did it end up like this?

After my Friday ritual of sorting through new tunes at Satellite, I headed over to dinner at Todd and Brad's. The grilled tuna steaks were heavenly, accompanied by steamed broccoli and rice. I really wish I knew how to cook. Hoping for a quiet Friday night, the word "Heretic" was mentioned, and before you know it, I was on the dancefloor with 200 other queens. The place was packed, and a lot of fun. The hot boy from San Francisco that decided to hang out with us all night was a delight. And, of course, we stayed until the lights came on...pretty. And then it was off to chez moi for a little more fun. Note: Astroglide Gel should be called Astroglide paste. Frequent applications are needed...

After checking out the space at Shout on Saturday, we headed over to a housewarming party at Jeffrey's. It was great to see some old faces from the past and catch up over cocktails. His house looked really beautiful.

Next, we headed to Decatur for a birthday party for Rob and Brett. The place was filled with A-listers who all appeared well groomed in new shirts from Bloomingdales. Pretty boys indeed.

Then it was time for Sander Kleinenberg at Eleven50. We all "dropped" in at the say time, and soon were were shaking it to several 80's remixes on the dancefloor. Special guest appearances by my cute new DJ friend William and Brandon Sutton provided for much entertainment. As well as the big girl on the box in Gap Jeans...or the girl on the opposite box with hail damage on her legs. The visuals were okay, but I didn't pay much attention to them. I was happy to hear The Killers - Mr. Brightside as we walked out....very cool tune.

I spent the better part of Sunday morning running last minute errands before my debut at the new Sunday afternoon party "Out and About at Shout". After a few technical issues, I think I spun a descent set, and was even asked to spin past the 8pm hour. The place was crowded, and people seemed to be enjoying themselves. I know I did. The next party is April 18, and I am hoping this might become a regular gig...

No comments: