Wednesday, April 13, 2005

Back in the day

I know it has been a while since my last post. And I have had much to talk about, but I guess I was just taking a break. Trying to figure out where I was going with this blog. After talking with Erik last night, I realized that this is a web log of my life, however funny or sad or stupid it may be. If you don't like what i write, don't read it.

I awoke this morning feeling quite refreshed, despite the 4+ glasses of white wine I consumed last night at Bret's. The group gathered for a spring cookout to celebrate his 39th birthday. The topic of conversation of the night centered around the festivities that occurred on Sunday. And the general consensus was that Monday was a bit of a struggle....

I have been in the medical field for almost 6 years. And, I have seen some really outrageous things. You wouldn't believe the conversations that take place during lunch in any hospital lounge. Today, I was involved in a highly specialized procedure called an Alcohol Septal Ablation. We perform about 15-20 of these procedures a year. On my way to the Pharmacy to pick up some of the medications we needed, I look down to see written on the pharmacy slip: (2) Amyl Nitrate.....hmm.... I knew exactly what that was. In fact, I believe one could purchase this from a vending machine at Backstreet many years ago. After much attitude from the lispy Pharmacist, I returned back to the Cath Lab with Amyl Nitrate in hand. As I walked in the door, I said, "Well, I have the Poppers". The physician scrubbed in on the procedure just laughed.

No comments: