Wednesday, April 20, 2005

hey neighbor

I live in a rather large condo building, but after being a resident almost 2 years, I feel like I have seen almost everyone that lives here. That is, until this evening. On my way back from the grocery store, I parked in my assigned spot as I usually do. I decided that I could carry all of my groceries w/my hands, deciding to ditch the idea of using a grocery cart. As I was approaching the building to gain access to the elevator, I noticed him. He was talking on his phone, and he noticed that my hands were full of overloaded plastic bags, and he held the door for me. Once inside, I glanced over to see this tall, dark, and handsome man. Wearing a cute black T-shirt that advertised some gym, he looked like a DJ. Oh yes, that kind of Danny Howells look, complete with black leather wristband. Jet black hair, extremely tall (probably 6'3" if I had to guess), and then I noticed those big arms. I immediately became nervous, and was ready for the elevator door to open. Moments later, we entered the elevator, and he punched in a code, and guess what?.....he pushed floor 15...MY FLOOR. Now I was intrigued. Where has this guy been the past two years? Is he a resident? (note: he didn't use his key fob) Someone's boyfriend? Friend? As I exited the elevator and headed toward my condo unit, I glanced over......and he lives 3 doors down.

No comments: