Monday, September 26, 2005

Alex, I'll take Domestic Violence for $500

And so another weekend has come to an end. Overall, I give it a 7.

Friday night and Saturday were spent on call, which gave me time to catch up on laundry, work out, and clean up my place. I spent a few hours a work on Saturday for not one, but three emergencies in a row. Fun. I guess we were running a special on heart attacks.

Saturday night I joined a small group of friends for a birthday dinner at Table1280. This new restaurant located in the Woodruff Art Center features the head chef formerly at Midcity Cuisine and Mumbo Jumbo, Shaun Doty. The inside is very clean and modern....and white. We sat in the back dining room surrounded by many of the Buckhead Bettys on their way to "the show" ifyouwill. The white walls and extremely tall ceilings provided for a noisy atmosphere, where at one point I felt like I was sitting in the fellowship hall at The First United Methodist Church in Quitman, Georgia. Okay, maybe Roswell. The crab cakes were excellent, and I had the hot smoked wild salmon with heirloom tomatoes and garlic foam. Yes, I said garlic foam. It was really tasty.

Next, it was off to drink and dance the night away at The Heretic and The Abbey, both of which were a disappointment to me. But I was in good company so I made do...

Last night, as I drifted off to sleep, I awoke to hear someone screaming, crying, and beating on a door. At first, I thought it was coming from the stairwell outside my door, but on upon further inspection, I realized it was coming from the condo down the hall. Yes, it was a full on domestic disturbance. I heard broken glass and someone yelling "Get the Fuck out of my house, bitch". It was at that point that I decided to call security. Though shocking at first, I guess it isn't surprising as I live in a 20 story condo with 400 units.

No comments: