Wednesday, September 14, 2005

Take Me Back Where the Music Plays....

Adjusting back to the usual work routine this week has not been as difficult as I originally imagined. Actually, no in reality, it has been quite easy. Though I have caught myself daydreaming at work, thinking back to my vaction last week. Yes, I did in fact say Vaction. There have been several times that I just sit there smiling and laughing inside at all the good times that were had. What an amazing group I was traveling with. Some were close friends, while others were more acquaintances, and it is in the wee hours of the night that these relationships were solidified. The music, the weather, the laughs, the bike rides, the dancing....so much fun. I can't wait for next year.

Last night, Ty and I gathered for cocktails at Fort Knox then jumped over to dine at one of Atlanta's newest establishments: The Globe. I have read reports and even heard first hand testimonies about this new restaurant. Since it was approaching 9pm (you know, we had to have a least one bottle of wine at my place), we decided that we would skip the main course and just stick with salads and appetizers. We split a caesar salad which was pretty good, status quo I would say. The shrimp cakes were tasty, but the fried calamari was mediocre. In fact, I didn't really like it. A bit chewy and no flavor. Guess I will have to return to try one of the main dishes.

Tune of the Day: Black Rock - Blue Water. This track out on the Positiva record label is brilliant. The rolling bassline paired with Debra Andrew's beautiful vocal = harmonic bliss. Not butter, but damn near margarine. The Lovefreekz have taken on the remix duties adding filters and fx as well as an Italian old skool piano synth that works very well. Ernesto & Bastien toughen up the mix with big drum and contemporary electro styling. Check it out here.

Next up: Out & About @ Shout this Sunday. Only two more left. More details to come.

2 comments:

Matt said...

you had dinner with TY? hmmmmmmmmmmmmm. i find that very interesting. very.

E said...

Indeed...funny, I had "dinner" with Ty just the other night...hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm....JUST KIDDING!. But I do have a wonderful credit counseling service that I'd like to introduce you to...check it out sometime at www.whatthefuckisupwiththesespamcomments?.com...