Wednesday, May 04, 2005

Damn it Charles, I don't need wine, but I do Want some.

Last night's birthday dinner for Ty was much fun. A small group gathered for drinks before heading off to One Midtown Kitchen. It was a very eclectic group I might add, as there were people present from every generation, with ages ranging from 29 - 65. As I stood there in the kitchen, I realized how truly unique a situation it was. Here you had 6 gay guys sharing experiences in their lives and telling stories of how they came to know the birthday boy. It was very entertaining.

Each time I have been to dinner at One, it has been extremely crowded and we usually end up sitting down to eat at 10pm. Turns out that Tuesday nights are a great night to dine, as the restaurant was only 1/4 full. And, the service was impeccable. We were greeted to chilled champagne the minute we sat down. The food was excellent, and we proceeded to go through several bottles of a delicious cabernet with our main course.

This morning I realized why I awoke with a headache. Recalling the night before, I now remember drinking, red wine, white wine, champagne, and finishing the night off with ouzo. neat.
and it's only Wednesday?

No comments: