Monday, May 02, 2005

When it rains, it pours..

Another weekend has passed me by, and it's mornings like today that I wish I could take Monday off. Funny how time seems to fly by when you are having so much fun....and fun it was.

I spent the better part of Friday night working on a new CD. After several attempts, I took a break, but I have managed to find a good tracklist to work with. I plan on perfecting it this week, I promise.....no, really I do.

Met my sister, brother-in-law, and niece at Nuevo Laredo Cantina for lunch on Saturday. Since I was feeling better, we decided that a pitcher of margaritas was in order. And they were tasty, and the food wasn't bad either. Knocked out several errands on my list in the afternoon, including mother's day gifts for my mom and sister. They are going to love it.

Had drinks at Bazzaar on Saturday night as a going away/farewell to David as he is moving to Los Angeles on Thursday. The regulars were there, including CQ, Anthony, Kelli and Laurie. Next, headed over to 981 Lindbergh for a skinny before heading over to the 'tic. Todd and I weren't feeling it, so after about 20 minutes, we went back to his house to have more drinks. The clan finally arrived, and he then went to the after party at John and Dan's house. This party featured DJ Gustavo Matto from New York, and he was hot, hot hot. And very nice as well.

Sunday was simply beautiful, and a perfect day to drink on the patio at Shout. After working out some technical issues with the sound, I was able to successfully tap into their sound system, so i was really pleased. The crowd was beautiful as usual. Where do these guys come from? A certain Rob had his mind made up that he was going to get me drunk...and he did. On 5 or 6 margaritas. So (tr)Ashley and I decided that we would meet everyone at Blake's for one more drink or four. I don't know what was in the air last night, but it seems that Spring has finally arrived in Atlanta. The place was packed, and JohnBrown and I had a lot of fun up in there. Erik aka "Mr. Hands" was having a BIG time ifyouknowwhatimean...hehe. It was all innocent fun....and fun it was.

No comments: